Sunday, June 17, 2012

Detroit Tigers Themed Party


I'm a huge baseball fan, so I thought I might as well have a baseball party! When I think of a baseball game, the first thing that comes to mind is popcorn. So I made popcorn with my popcorn popper. I also LOVE caramel corn, and found an awesome recipe for it here.

Lately, cake balls have become extremely popular so I thought why not. Incase you don't know how to make cake balls, all you do is bake a cake, let it cool, crumble the cake, add icing, and roll it into balls. Not to difficult. I went to Hobby Lobby and saw blue and white colored chocolate. I picked up two bags of white chocolate and one bag of blue. It was about $2 a bag because I had my 40% off coupon. I dipped the cake balls in the white chocolate, and drizzled blue over it. It covered around 60 cake balls.

What's a party without cupcakes? I found these awesome cupcake toppers at my local party store. It was $2 for a pack of twenty-four. This recipe is by far the best vanilla buttercream frosting i've ever tried.

I also found at Hobby Lobby these awesome paper laterns. It was to windy to put them outside, but they looked awesome. They were $1 each with my 40% off coupon.




Now, what games to play. I had a group of girls who aren't big fans of actually playing sports, so I went browsing on google and found this Baseball Nickname Matching Quiz.

I also went to this site, and created my own bingo card. Everyone was given a bingo card and a pen, and when I said go, had to run around to different people and ask them if a specific square applied to them. You can see different ideas I had. Then, the first person to get a bingo won.

Whenever I go to a baseball game, there is always a raffle giveaway. On a trip to my local dollar store, they had a roll of raffle tickets for $2, so I thought why not! Everyone would be given raffle tickets for being early, wearing baseball gear, RSVPing, winning games, etc. And at the end of the night, I gave away several prizes.


I also love going to Salvation Army, because I find the coolest things. I found this cake stand there for $1! It was a nasty yellow, so I spray painted it blue, and wa-la! I also found these amazing colorful plates at Dollar Tree for $1 each. It ended up costing $4 for this!

No comments:

Post a Comment