Sunday, June 17, 2012

Easy Inexpensive Pillow Re-do

    In the past few months, I've been seeing alot of the 'baroque' pattern, and like many, have fallen in love with it! I recently found a lampshade at Lowes with the pattern, and had to have!
    So, now my dillema, I have no pillows to go with it! I looked around for pillows, and to my suprise, they were easily $30 a pillow, and I was not going to spend that. I went to Joann's (had my 50% off coupon of course) and spent $3.50 for fabric. I spent a little extra because I wanted the outdoor furniture material. Then I went to my local Salvation Army, and bought an ugly mustard yellow pillow for $1. Sewing a pillow is one of the easiest sewing projects, because you really just have to sew a straight line. You can find the tutorial here. And wa-la! You have a pillow under $5.
   Best part is you can change it out for every season, or if you're like me, needs something different every couple of weeks. :)


No comments:

Post a Comment